For guests at:
MOST IMPORTANT RULES:
We have had a few misunderstandings in the past, these 7 firm rules are meant
to avoid any future problems or miscommunication.
- The guest room is not "for rent", guests stay for free. There has
never been (and never will be) a paid guest.
- Our family trumps any guests. Exception: Out-of-town friends who made
reservations far in advance.
- All members of the group must be introduced to Brian and Katherine UPON
ARRIVAL or if Brian and/or Katherine are sitting outside on the deck, the
guest should introduce themselves.
- Maximum occupancy not to exceed at any time:
* A family of 5 (2 adults + 3 children)
* 2 couples (4 adults)
- If a guest has stayed downstairs before, it is his/her responsibility to
meet their company on the specified arrival date and show them around the
dock and introduce them to Brian and Katherine. At no point, are they to
leave new people unattended on the docks.
- "No Transitive Party" You must get it cleared in advance if you plan to
have additional friends come by (e.g. cocktail party, surfing, etc.) and
unless cleared in advance, they are not to spend the night - this includes
the outside crashpad.
- If Brian and Katherine are away for the weekend, NO ONE is allowed to
stay downstairs. Exception: Family.
Finding 305 Shoreside
- Google for
. The map is accurate, but don’t
drive down the gravel road of Shoreside Dr. Instead, just park on Danmann Ave at
the corner of Danmann Ave and Shoreside Dr, and walk 50 yards down the gravel to
the gazebo structure. The address is on the wooden gate in the gazebo at street
level. The gazebo is on your left (towards the ocean) just after you pass a 20
foot by 8 foot garden on your right at street level. 305 is a yellow house.
Brian and Katherine live in the top floor (down 2 flights of stairs) and the
guest room is the bottom floor (down 4 flights of stairs) at dock level right on
When You Arrive
- STEP #1: Do *NOT* park on Shoreside Dr. Shoreside Dr is a private one lane
road, and all Shoreside Drive is assigned parking to specific neighbors, not
you! You can drop off supplies with your car at the gazebo for a couple minutes,
then go back and park on Danmann Ave which is a public street.
- STEP #2: All members of the group must be introduced to Brian and
Katherine UPON ARRIVAL or if Brian and/or Katherine are sitting outside on
the deck, the guest should introduce themselves.
- STEP #3: As a courtesy to others, please use clean pillowcases provided
(if it is not already covered).
- STEP #4: Everything you find in the guest room is for you (and is clean)!
There are dishes, towels, sheets, blow dryer, hot-tub, shower, TV. If you find a
beer in the fridge, there is no need to ask, DRINK IT! (Previous guests left the
drinks behind.) There are sheets, pillows, comforters for the bed upstairs, USE
THEM! There is a coffee maker, coffee, and filters, MAKE COFFEE! Watch TV, fill
the hot tub, whatever. If you find ANYTHING inside that space, it was meant for
you and you shouldn’t ask or feel bad about using it, because that is what it is
for! Please make yourself at home.
- STEP #5: Be a good neighbor! Don’t wander onto neighboring docks without
permission from the owners, stay in the area in front of the guest room (that is
yours). Some surfers might come through to launch off your dock, this is totally
expected and they have permission to be here. Make sure you introduce yourself,
then be polite and let them do their thing.
Dock / Surf / Boat Launch Warning!!
- NOTE: The “chill zone” is YOURS!! This is the circular pad and pillows
suspended on the porch. Light the patio heater up and use a blanket or
comforter, it is a great place to hang out and watch the surfers.
When You Leave
- The dock can get EXTREMELY slippery, PLEASE BE CAREFUL! And do *NOT* use the
boat launch to get to the beach until you have talked with Brian! You can get to
the beach by going back up the stairs to Shoreside Dr and walking towards the
main beach on Shoreside Dr, you will see a path to the beach just before the
little red house.
- Take all towels and sheets that you used (including duvet cover) off of beds
and toss them in a pile on top of the Japanese soaking tub. Do *not* put them
back into the linen closet as we wash everything prior to the next set of
- Wash any dishes you used, leave them in the drying rack.
- Bag all your trash and leave it on the porch just INSIDE the guest room front
door (dock level).
- Please check the guest room for any/all personal items (clothes,
toothbrush, phone chargers, jewelry, etc.)
- Please let Brian know if there were any problems like leaking faucets, or you
ran out of coffee, etc!
Click here to see the guestlist
Return to Random Stuff
Return to Ski-Epic home page.